Friday 6 May 2011

The Perfect UI Automation Testing Software Testing Process

 

Recording a test

I setup my test recorder and open my application, for my test i click through my application, open a report and view some data, I make a change and close out, I'm prompted for a name for the test and save.


Tweaking the Recording

The video step editor window opens, i set a few quick ignore zones in my app for dynamic items and save. I check the performance baselines and set my thresholds for when the test should fail. I set global change ignore zones for my application. I can also reverse my assertions and only select certain places in the video i would like to monitor through the test runs. The Software learns what to focus on.


Test Steps

A list of test steps are auto generated based on previous test steps I've setup using the smart match test step feature and my test case is complete.


Running Tests

I select my tests and hit run on new build, with every new build my app auto installs and test cases run.


Error Reporting

When a mismatch is found in my test the test fails generating a report containing the video section that no longer matches, I can choose to update my test to the new visual or report the bug.


Future Test Creation is Automated

As the testing software learns my testing habits it develops new tests and new combinations of tests based on what I’ve set it to focus on, tests are automatically adapted as the software changes based on my approval. I sit back and monitor, all of the new testing, test runs, and issue tracking are handled by the intelligent software. I send emails from the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Shaun,
    The Article on The Perfect UI Automation Testing Software Testing Process is nice.It give detail information about it.Thanks for Sharing the information about it. Software Testing Services

    ReplyDelete